Saturday, October 4, 2014

Passeggiata in Pescara (Oct. 4, 2014)

Mom and Gabriella at Pescara station

Walking along Pescara beach

Market in Pineto

Waiting at Pineto train station

Pescara Market

Soaps at Pescara Market
Today we got up a bit earlier, and got started a bit sooner…..lol. Neither of us could sleep that well when we went to bed, either because of the 2 hour nap in the afternoon, or the capuchin so late last night. In any case, we did end up having a decent night, though I think Mom got a lot less restful hours than I did.

We phoned our friends, Gabriella and Graziano around 9:30 am and set up the day with them. Graziano came to pick us up around 10:30 and took us to the market in Pineto. We walked around for a while, tried to find Gabriella, had no luck, so we met her back at their place. Before going back to their place, Graziano took us to this cool frozen fish store and we bought some fillets to take home. Unfortunately, we forgot them in his car when he dropped us off, so we’ll look forward to having them sometime later this week when we hook up again.

Gabriella made us another fantastic meal of gnocchi con frutta di mare (gnocchi with seafood in sauce, homemade)! It was amazing and so flavourful. We also had huge, juicy tomato slices with fresh mozzarella cheese and basilico, fresh as well. Deli fresh mortadella and prosciutto were part of the spread, along with fresh walnuts and almonds, that we contributed from the market.

After we finished eating, Gabriella, mom and I went to the station to catch the train to a nearby town called Pescara, to find the Apple dealer so I could sort out my charging cord issue. There was a market going on there too, so we walked for several hours, checking out the stalls of cool items, ranging from fresh meats, to cheeses, to clothing, to soap. We bought several soaps and found the store that could help with the computer problem.

A really nice man named Marco helped me by testing the cord and arriving at the conclusion that it was the little end piece that was not working. He ordered me another one, free of charge, as my computer is still on warranty. The only problem was that if he kept my faulty piece, and I had to wait until Wednesday, that I couldn’t charge the computer. He offered to lend me an Italian adapter piece that fits on my charger until mine came in. How sweet of him. That probably wouldn’t have happened in Canada, I suspect. So, the long and short of it was that I now have a working charge cord, and will have a new end piece sometime next week. Mom also picked his brain to see if her phone and computer were in synch so that her photos would be dropped into her computer via ICloud. He checked everything and said all was in order. He said that if the WiFi signal where we were was weak, that could affect the speed in which the photos were shared to her computer. While she was waiting, she used her phone cord to patch her photos to her computer, so has solved the problem even if the WiFi signal isn’t strong enough. A great problem solving day for our technology………with no costs!

After that, we walked by the beach and stopped at Ber    for gelato. It was fantastic. Made on the premises and absolutely delicious. One of my dear friends said that I should eat gelato in Italy every day, so Shelley, this ones for you. Thanks for that. I am so happy to be trying all the different places. All are great, but some are out of this world. It was good to have a little sit down before making our way back on the train, to Pineto.


Tonight we are just chilling, writing our blogs and enjoying our new found energy each day. That jet lag is brutal and they say that for each hour difference from your home, it takes one day to recover. That means that we will need six days to fully feel normal. It’s getting there, so that’s good.

Me and Gabriella at beach Pescara



4 comments:

  1. So great!! What amazing people they are to be so kind to u guys! I'm thankful for that.
    Great pics!
    Glad the computer stuff got resolved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every day sounds lovelier than the day before! I'm glad that you are getting over the jet lag. I hear that gelato really helps with that - LOL! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful site and I want some of those desserts too.

    ReplyDelete