Another great day! We slept only until 10 am today……lol. Slowly we’re getting rid of the jet lag, but it’s still not totally gone. We decided to walk around the town of Atri as the weather was really pleasant and not raining. It was about 20 degrees with a sun/cloud mix.
We visited several churches which were each lovely in their own way. It never ceases to amaze me how each church has its own personality and energy. So old they are, but still peaceful and healing.
We came across many interesting views, including one that overlooked the town below, with rolling hills and true Italian countryside beauty. Along that walk we found some cool sculptures and passageways between streets that were charming.
I am starting to take pictures of doors as they are all so interesting and different. Maybe I can make some sort of photo collage of all the doors I come across that are cool. It would be a neat way to remember where I’ve visited, in another medium. Sandra, you will love this, as it was your poster of Italian doors that inspired this. Thank you.
We ate our homemade pasta with chicken for lunch, had a some wine and promptly had a nap…..hahaha. When we got up, we dressed and went to the piazza for a capucchino. Mom emailed and I drew the tall spire of the giant cathedral, or duomo as it is called in Italian. I haven’t drawn for so long that it will take a couple of tries before it gets better. Not bad tonight, but I will need some more practice before things turn out correctly regarding scale, and angles. Totally enjoyable though, to sit outside at the cafe doing this.
We had a yummy salad with cheeses on it, mushrooms and for me, some chopped pepperincino (hot peppers) pieces. I do love my spicy stuff.
A great day with my momma. She is fantastic company and a wonderful friend.
 |
| Mom in the duomo we visited |
 |
| Me in that same cathedral |
 |
| An orange car for Liviah |
 |
| Another funky colour for you, Livs. |
 |
| Posing by a cool sculpture |
 |
| My favourite sculpture |
 |
| Our capucchino's by the duomo |
 |
| View of the cathedral I drew |
Just loving that you're having a great time! Love the door photo thing!
ReplyDeleteYeah, cool eh. Mom and I both got our computer issues solved. Right now I am in the piazza using the free WiFi. Mom didn't feel like moving so I'm here alone, but at least we know it works. I love you so much and wish you were here.
DeleteHey, I never got a fancy cappuccino like that! Jealous!
ReplyDeleteYou'll have to go to that cafe, It's so awesome. I can't believe how much we love Atri and our stay here so far. Thank you SO much. I will tell you all the secrets we find out. Your inlaws are so sweet. I like them very much. I can't help but bug Graziano. I don't know what it is......hahaha.
Deletedid it work?
ReplyDeleteguess so...sounds like you guys are having an amazing time, have a glass of wine for me!
ReplyDeleteThe caps look delish.
ReplyDelete