Today I didn't do much, hence why my blog is late, and not very exciting....lol. Anyway, I met up with Martin yesterday morning, but we didn't go to the pool. Instead, I told him that I was going back to the Heritage House to see Thum, the gardener that I met there. I wanted Thum to draw in my book and leave me a memory as he was so interesting and sweet. Martin wanted to go to the Heritage House to see it, and asked if he could come along with me. Of course he could, and off we went.
I sat and talked with Thum, while Martin looked around the house. I chatted with Thum and he drew the cutest little cartoon character girl into my book. He also wrote my name in Thai for me, which I had wanted him to do. He is such a nice man, and I again, enjoyed visiting with him. I asked if we could take Martin to feed the fish, and he sent Puck, his young friend, to take us. We saw the fish, and they were super active today. It was like a feeding frenzy and Martin was quite shocked, as I was when I first saw them. You can't capture the size of these fish in a photo, but when he saw them for himself, he was quite impressed.
After that, I walked with Martin and we passed by a Muay Thai Boxing gym a little further up the street that Martin said he wanted to try. I might go with him and have the rather fit Muay Thai trainer, give us some lessons. For $10, you can get to work with the trainer, and use any of the gym equipment that you want. Martin and I thought it would be fun to take our cameras there, have some Muay Thai lessons, and a photo session. He's leaving to move back to England at the end of December and is feeling sad about it. He wants to get as many experiences as possible in, before leaving. The Heritage House was one of his wishes, and also the Thai Boxing gym. So perhaps he will be able to do these both before leaving.
So, Liviah, I asked Thum what the name of that Liviah bird was, so that we could look it up. We don't know what it looks like, but there are lots of things on Youtube and Google that talk about it, have its sounds and show what she looks like. She's called the Kawow Bird and they say that she is Thailands natural alarm clock because she makes that sound every morning. You know because you hear her when we FT in the morning here. Get your mom to look it up and you can see what she finally looks like. I was surprised to see her. I thought she would look different.
After Martin and I walked for a while, we stopped for a fruit smoothie, then he had to get ready for work, and I came back to the hostel. It was really hot today, so I just stayed in the air con of the hostel for a while and chilled out. I made some calls to friends, tried to FT, but he WiFi was too sketchy and didn't connect. Later, in the early evening, I went to get some papaya and brought it back for everyone to share. It was really ripe and super fresh.
Even later still, I took a walk, sat with the French guy, Tomas, who I met on my walk, and had a spicy mango salad. Then it was late so I showered, read for a while and went to sleep.
I will get ready to leave early Saturday morning to go to Siem Reap, Cambodia. Today, which is still yesterday for you.....lol....I am going to meet up with Martin and do the rooftop pool one last time. Then maybe go to the Thai Boxing with him, and I think Ian, the guy who runs the hostel, wants me to go out for a drink with him and his friends. We'll see.
Sorry there are no photos, but I didn't take any, so there was nothing new to post for you. Have a good sleep.
Seems like a nice low-key day, revisiting old spots & ready to try Muy Thai Boxing. Nice that Martin got to see the strange fish too, & the Heritage House that had been on his wish list before leaving. You must feel a bit of a tug lvg your nest there too, & heading off once more for unknown places. It never takes u long to know them, but each move has goodbyes in it too, & nostalgia. Hope u have some great adventures today too. Lots of love & missing u always. Thanks for the FT calls. They do bring u closer. Mom
ReplyDelete