Today I woke up around 8:00 am and just stayed in my bed for a while. Once up, I went downstairs, and did some yoga with Caz. Apparently he is a certified yoga teacher, and I was thrilled to move my poor old stiff bones a bit. After that, we walked for a while and found somewhere to eat. We just chose a street food vendor that looked and smelled yummy, and was close to Silom St. It was a great choice as the food was very economical, and delicious. These street vendors are hit and miss, and though all pretty safe, you never know whether it’s going to be something you like, or not.
This one was a hit. I had noodles with wontons and pork and a cold black tea for a beverage, which was super refreshing, with a bit of sugar in it. Caz had a crab and noodle soup that he said was delicious as well. He saw my tea and ordered one too. This time I did remember to take pics……barely.
 |
| View from the table |
 |
| Caz at the street food restaurant |
 |
| My lunch and Caz's soup |
After that, we just decided to walk in any direction and see what we could find. We walked for a couple of hours, weaving up and down various streets to take a look. We found some other yummy looking street food vendors for trying at a later time, as well as some interesting buildings, shops and offices. Being Sunday, many things were closed and there were few people on the street, well, relatively few for Bangkok. It was a nice slow type of day and we strolled at a leisurely pace, mostly in the shade as it was a bit warmer today than it has been.
 |
| Irish Pub sign on street |
 |
| Random condo on the street walk |
 |
| Random condo #2 |
 |
| Random #3 |
 |
| Random #4 |
 |
| Starbuck's Coffee shop inside |
 |
| Outside of Christmas Starbucks |
We returned back to our area, and kept on going, down to Soi 8 so that Caz could get some of that delicious vanilla ice cream we had the other day, that is 50 cents for two large scoops. He bought a mini bag of Oreo Cookies on my suggestion, to crumble on top of it. He was in heaven. I bought a cut up pineapple and a persimmon that I had wanted to try. I found both of them in the fruit market I told you about a while ago, when I first bought fruit. Both were delicious and so fresh, with all the little tough spots cut out of the pineapple.
 |
| Cutest lady serving the ice cream |
 |
| Asking if Caz wanted more peanuts |
Then we came back to the hostel and chatted with Ian for a while. We all decided to go to a movie together tonight, so I rested until then.
Around 6:30 Ian was able to get off work, and go to the movie. Caz didn’t end up coming as he had lost his suitcase lock, which apparently was very important to him, and he wanted to stay back to look for it. I offered him one of the 5 I have, but that wasn’t going to work, and by then he was in a bad mood and very focused on this lock. So, Ian and I went on our own, which ended up being really nice and very light. We chatted about all kinds of things on our way. We went to a different theatre than I found last night. I learned that the one I found, is the budget theatre, and hence why it was so basic, and so inexpensive. We wanted to see Mockingjay, the Hunger Games sequel, and that was only playing at the big theatre, so that’s where we went. It was still located in the same area I was in last night, but it was at the top of the huge mall, called Central Complex.
Ian had told me that there is this candy making store right out front of the theatre where you can actually watch them make the candy and cut it. I guess because it was Sunday, they weren’t making the candy today, but I am going to go back to see it, as the candy was incredible. Liviah, you have to get your parents to look this store up on Facebook to see it. Just look for the address from one of the photos. I bought a little bag of candy there and so did Ian. The detail of how they make this stuff is incredible! I really want to see it in action. Livs, you're going to get sooooooo hungry to try this cool candy.
 |
| Outside of Candy Shop |
 |
| Candy photo #1 |
 |
| Candy photo #2 |
 |
| Candy photo #3 |
 |
| Candy photo #4 |
 |
| Candy photo #5 |
 |
| Candy photo #6 |
We watched the movie, which was amazing. The theatre had great sound and really cushy reclining seats for watching. It was definitely a much nicer place than last night’s. I can’t wait for the next part to come out. This apparently was Part 1 and it ended with many questions and places to go. Another must see if you liked the Hunger Game series.
We walked back to the hostel after the movie and took some pics outside the huge mall, which was boasting its Christmas decorations. Oh, I also took a couple of pics with the Hunger Game photo props. Snoopy is the Christmas pooch this year, and Santa rides a rocket, with reindeer in space helmets…… Very interesting as you’re sweating and sticky. Ian got some street food on the way home, but I was still stuffed from eating yet more popcorn at the movie.
 |
| Mall with theatre |
 |
| Collection of Christmas Snoopy's |
 |
| Christmas Snoopy #2 |
 |
| Huge Christmas Snoopy |
 |
| Santa's astronaut reindeer |
 |
| Me in the Hunger Games |
 |
| Hunger Games photo op #2 |
We arrived back just before midnight. I took a shower, finished writing to you guys, and am now going to bed. A fantastic day with lots of exciting experiences.
Good night all. Thinking of you always.
Nice wandery kind of day. Sounds very relaxed just letting the day unfold. Good u had company for walking around & the movie & food. Love the sound of those theatres! Had a nice Sunday am w the fambly. Then I kept Livi for 3 hrs while her parents did some shopping. We had a great time together playing store (she sells on KiJiJi) , & I have to be the customer on the phone wanting to buy the advertised items of doll clothes. They are pretty expensive at about $6 million dollars! But she gives me several coins back in change. Zakk was pretty happy with his new high chair at breakfast. Such cute kids.
ReplyDeleteWow, sounds like a great day for you too. Tell Livs to give you a better deal on the doll clothes, as you're buying in bulk. I'm sure she can be bartered with for quantity......lol.
DeleteLove the whole story.