Hi everybody. So far, today has been awesome, but I’m writing this now, because I have plans later, and don’t know if I’ll actually complete this one if I don’t start it early.
I got up, met Martin at the rooftop pool for the last time, because I leave early tomorrow morning for Siem Reap, Cambodia. It is too bad that he won’t still be living here when I come back through in the early spring. In any case, it has been great to get to know him, and now I have another friend who lives in England, and most likely part time again, in Thailand.
We had a nice leisurely time at the pool, then he went to his condo to shower, and I showered in that fancy area on the rooftop. We met in the lobby and went for something to eat, at Petra……for the last time. I had a pork ball and pork slice soup, with a Lipton Iced Tea in a bottle. He had chicken with rice and Iced Tea. It was great, as usual.
 |
| Pork ball and pork slice soup |
 |
| Yesterday's coconut curry chicken lunch |
 |
| Fried rice with chicken |
 |
| Cute waiter from Petra |
Then we made the plan to meet at 3:15 to go to take a Muay Thai Boxing training session down the street next to mine. Martin had wanted to go for a while and today was the day. He was so sweet to lend me a t-shirt and I had some shorts to wear, so we were set. We got to the gym and the guy, who was built like a small brick house, said, “Ok, 6 rounds.” We agreed, and he wrapped us both up with fighting tapes, then gave us the boxing gloves. He set the timer for 3 minute rounds and Martin and I took turns, one after another, kicking and punching this guy’s pads for six rounds. It was so much fun, but a really hard workout. I didn’t even feel that badly, because Martin teaches soccer and is pretty fit, but near the end of each round, he was dying too. I loved it, and felt tired, but great by the end of it. The trainer was so cute. He was about 24 years old and super fit. He had muscles everywhere, and some of them looked fake, like the size of his calves. I’m sure they were real, but they were huge, and not shaksies shaksies anywhere on the guys body. He had a great sense of humour and made us laugh throughout the workout, while pushing us at the same time. The gym was kind of an outdoor area, with just a roof and no walls, in case of rain I suppose. It was pretty hot, but not unbearable. I was very red, but managed to make it through all the rounds without passing out, throwing up or quitting, so I was pleased. Check out some of the photo ops……lol. A really cool Thailand thing to do.
 |
| Puk, our trainer |
 |
| Martin and me before training |
 |
| Muay Thai Suey Thai |
 |
Martin and Puk, discussing Soccer teams for Puk to bet on between rounds |
 |
| Martin and Puk at the end |
 |
| Me and Puk, at the end |
After we were done, we went for a fruit smoothie, and I met Martin’s girlfriend Sez, who is a really cute Philipino girl. She had just gotten off work, and was on her way home when we were done at the boxing gym, so she met us. We chatted for a while, then they went home, and I stopped in for a last Thai Massage. I asked for the same guy I had the other day, who was so fantastic, doing my foot massage. He was available so I got him to give me a one hour Thai massage. I thought this might be a good idea after the boxing as I am not in any great shape any more, and might be stiff tomorrow. In any case, it was a great excuse for one last massage. It was amazing, and then I floated home.
I am going out with Ian later tonight, as he wants me to see one of Bangkok’s most famous and popular Gay Bars, and the Ladyboy Show that they present. I thought this was a cool last evening in Bangkok. I will take photos, but probably won’t be able to include it on today’s blog. I’ll send you this one, as is, but will add my evening adventures tomorrow for you to see.
Next time I write you, I will be in Siem Reap. Talk to you then. Have a great day.
Wow! That boxing looks so cool! But pretty strenuous length of time for a first try. Bet it felt good & gave u a high. "It hurts so good! " Puk did indeed have muscles on his muscles. Martin looks pretty fit too, I guess from the soccer. Hope your night out is entertaining & you get a good blast of dancing. Great blog, & loved seeing the pix of your Muy Thai boxing experience. Happy & safe travels & arrival navigating when u get to Siem Reap. Love & hugs, Mom
ReplyDeleteThat sounded like a lot of fun! Love the photos of the Thai boxing too! Have a good trip to Siem Reap!
ReplyDelete