Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Scuba Course Full First Day (Nov. 12, 2014)

Hi,
Wow, today I was in the scuba course all day. We started this morning at 7:45 and finished around 6:30. We were in the pool today for the morning, doing confined water skills. We suited up in our wetsuits which are the kind that go just above your knees and elbows, and cover everything else. We set up our tanks and BCD's and put everything on. It weighs a ton.

Then we walked, with all our gear on, for about 150 meters down the beach to a swimming pool at a nearby resort. There we practiced about 27 skills in the pool and got used to breathing underwater. It is so cool to be able to stay under the water without worrying about air. I really like that feeling and now know why the fish are so happy. Anyway, after doing a whole bunch of skill training, like taking out the regulator underwater, maintaining neutral buoyancy underwater and pivoting using only your breath to fill your lungs, and so much more, we ended with the swim test!

We had to swim, using any stroke we wished, for 200 meters which was 10 lengths of the pool. Doesn't sound like much, but after 4 hours of skill training with all the gear, it was enough....lol. I did it though and wasn't too exhausted. The afternoon was back in the classroom where we did the last two units, their unit tests and the final exam. I was happy with the final exam and passed it, so now we get to dive and put our newly learned skills to work.

I didn't get any photos, as we were training all day and brought nothing with us except our equipment, to the pool. I will try to get some photos of the class, but will have to see how to go about doing that. Maybe tomorrow's class before the dive.

After the final exam, I came back to my little beach bungalow, showered and walked back up to Wang's restaurant for another yummy dinner. This is the only photo for today, and I almost forgot to take it because I was starving, and now, quite tired. Anyway, I think it still gives you the idea of how delicious the food is. I ordered fried Morning Glory with pork, and received this dish, which has crispy pork (delicious by the way), and lots of those little corn cobs. Maybe that is what Morning Glory's are, I don't know, but expected something green for some reason. Anyway, it was great and I loved it, so that's good. Now I'm going to bed to be up early, and am pretty tired. Great day though.
Sleep well everyone.

Morning Glory and Pork for supper...........mmmmmm!

2 comments:

  1. how exciting for you, you are going to be introduced to a stunning new world, the world of underwater life!!!! Hint I used johnson baby shampoo to clean my mask before each dive, actually just before i jumped in i would put about 5 drops in each side and mix it everywhere wiith my finger, then clear it all in the ocean (holding tight) then put it on and jump in. It was the best way to keep my mask clear and not fog up, I kept the bottle with my dive stuff all the time, better then toothpaste!!!! cant wait to read all about it its so addicting!!! enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This my third try to publish a comment. The others disappeared. Before, I never was asked to re-sign in to my Google acct't each time I publish a comment. Once I do that, & go back to the site, my draft comment has disappeared. Frustrating. Anyway, your first full day sounded exhilarating & exhausting. U must have welcomed food & sleep so much. Dinner liked awesome. Guess we can look fwd to your cooking taking a Thai bent when u get back, as mine has Italian. Amanda's & Liviah's link of the school was great for filling in our imagination of your diving experience. Can't wait to hear how the open water day went. Live u & miss u, Mom

    ReplyDelete