Yesterday morning I slept in and didn’t go to the 7:30 am class for yoga. I was still feeling a bit off, but a lot better than the day before. I decided to go for a coffee at the corner, then to try and find this Vietnamese architect’s creation, called the Crazy House. Here’s an excerpt I found to give you more information.
“The brainchild of owner Mrs Dang Viet Nga, the Crazy House has been an imaginative work in progress since 1990. Hang Nga, as she’s known locally, has a PhD in architecture from Moscow and has designed a number of other buildings around Dalat. One of her earlier masterpieces, the ‘House with 100 Roofs’, was torn down as a fire hazard because the People’s Committee thought it looked antisocialist.”
It was really cool, though the place was certainly crazy….lol.
 |
| Entry to one part of the garden |
 |
| Another room for rent |
 |
| Bedroom that you can rent to stay in |
 |
| One of the staircases |
 |
| Me with alligator behind me |
 |
| Front entry |
After that, I went back to the supermarket, The Big C, to get some water, and take some photos. It’s really different, because you have to check your bags, or in my case, they took my backpack, folded it up and put it in a white plastic bag with my purse, then seal locked the bag. I motioned to the guy that I needed to access my wallet to pay once inside. He motioned back that all I had to do was rip the bag open, at the cash I presumed. They are nothing short on safety, that’s for sure. This time I knew the ropes, took out my camera first, then got him to do the seal wrap job. That way I could take a couple of photos inside the store so that you could see it.
 |
| Escalators down to store |
 |
| Aisles |
 |
| Shampoo section |
 |
| Coffee, I think |
 |
| Salad section |
 |
| Other stuff |
Then I sat outside the store, in the mall area, and at some rice and veggies that I bought at their ready made counter. It was quite good and just what I felt like. Plain and tasty.
I went back to the hostel after that and rested until my 5:30 yoga class. I’m loving these classes and don’t want to leave….lol. During my rest, I ran into such slow internet that I thought my computer had some sort of virus. I went to my yoga class, quite worried that I couldn’t receive my email, access the email site from the web, or load anything.
When I returned, I had a great FT with mom and then Jon. Thanks to Jon, he reassured me that he thought it wasn’t a virus, but instead a slow signal that was too slow to load and allow proper function. As the night wore on, I saw that he was right and by luck, just then, my email came in after two days of nothing. I was super relieved and less stressed. I thought about how tough it would be to get help to fix a problem like that, without speaking the language. Thankfully my dearest brother put my mind to rest. Thanks a lot, J. You are the best. I really loved our chat, with you, me and sweet, handsome Zakki.
Then I crashed in order to get up for my 7:30 yoga class the next day.
More later.
That house looks so cool! I love the stairway...so fun! Your adventures and relaxing time sound glorious...cant believe it is going by so quick.
ReplyDeleteI love that house too! Very cool.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're on the mend!
It was great to FT with you as well. It's so nice to see all of your travels and see how well things are going for you!
Well that's about it for now I'll look forward to your next blog talk to you soon hope to FaceTime again love you
Love the photos of the crazy house. Was it a bit creepy feeling? Loved the pic of you too. The supermarket security sounds pretty paranoid. Wonder if they have more shoplifting to deal w than other places? Keep having. Great time! Always happy to read what adventures are unfolding for u each day. Sorry u weren't feeling too hot. Hope it's all gone by now. Love, Mom
ReplyDelete