Today I got up early again, to attend the 8 am yoga class. My body wasn’t quite as sore today, and some of my stiff parts and crusty joints, seemed to be moving a bit better. The class was good and I remembered to take photos of the place. It’s so cute.
 |
| Front of the yoga studio |
 |
| Closer view of the building |
 |
| First large room you come to |
 |
| Room where we practice |
 |
| The kitchen |
After the class, I stayed for a special class they had called Detoxification Cooking Class. It was really interesting and we made two really great Indian dishes and some Chai Tea. After that, we all sat down and ate together. It was a great morning and there was lots of food, and really nice people to chat with while preparing it all. I like the atmosphere there. It’s not pushy, but it is truly yogi and very peaceful. I met a woman who is about 65 and is traveling from England, with her husband. He is staying in town, and she is doing a week live-in at the yoga studio. There was also a Dutch girl, traveling, and two young sisters from Sweden. The others who attended the class, were Vietnamese, one man and one woman. Oh yeah, and there was this mother and daughter from Spain who were there too. We made a warm vegetable salad with lots of Indian spices, a rice and dal dish with turmeric, and the chai tea. It was super great comfort food that was apparently good for detoxing the body.
 |
| All the spices we used |
 |
| Bowl of veggies for warm salad |
 |
| Our Detox lunch |
Then I went for coffee before going back to my room to take a rest. There is a cute cafe that I tried for the first time, just down the street from my hostel. I sat there drinking the yummiest Vietnamese coffee with condensed milk, and extra hot water, because it's a bit strong for me. It was the perfect strength and flavour and there were lots of interesting things to watch, sitting there on the patio of the cafe.
 |
| My view from the cafe |
 |
Great to just sit and watch the people go by |
I attended the 3:30-5:00 yoga class as well, and then stayed for an hour and a half meditation class. It was a really nice day and the meditation class was a fantastic way to end the day. I didn’t take that many photos today, but I didn’t really do anything much except the cooking and then lots of yoga. It was a nice sunny day, but still pretty chilly.
Tomorrow the yoga studio is closed so I will take the day to get up slowly, go and see some of Dalat’s sights and enjoy the peaceful town and areas. I think there are two waterfalls not too far out of town. I might go to see them if it’s not too cold.
Two Yoga classes abs cooking class in 1 day!! It is not wxhausting when you enjoy what you are doing. We love your blog.
ReplyDeletewow busy day!
ReplyDeleteLove that combination of the yoga and healthy food prep, its a perfect match, and right your alley!
Really glad to hear you're taking time to "smell the roses" by sitting with yummy coffee and people watching, its really one of your favourite things to do. Me too.
That yoga will surely help your sore spots. The place looks so serene & spacious. Coffe in a sidewalk cafe sounds just right. Dalat must b quite a lovely place to be. Guess Ho Chi Minh City will be something quite different with a big population and all the traffic and stimulation that goes with it. Enjoy your down time now! Love u, Mom
ReplyDelete