Feb. 24, 2015
Today I had a great day with Selina, the Dutch girl I met last night, and shared a room with. She is really sweet and today we slept in because we were just two in the room, and no snoring. I skipped yoga today for the lovely sleep in, which was fine.
I got up quite a bit earlier than her, and had a nice FT with family. I certainly do enjoy that to start off my day. When Selina got up, we had some breakfast, then decided to walk to a nearby temple that is by the beach I did yoga on. The temple was small so it didn’t take us very long to walk down there, take a look, and get some photos. Then we just walked for a long time down the beach, stopping for a swim here and there. It was really lovely and very chilled out.
Selina quit her job to travel, and was the Food and Beverage Manager for two restaurants in a large 5 Star Hotel in Rotterdam, Holland. She is very capable, smart, and funny, but is still running on full steam and hasn’t yet come down. She just got to Bali, on her way to Australia, and only quit her job less than two weeks ago. I look at her and totally understand where she is coming from as she still feels that she has to get stuff accomplished in order to be productive and ‘on’. We talked about this and I told her that it took me at least a month or so before I felt that I didn’t have to be doing something all the time anymore. Our day at the temple, beach, and riding around on our scooters, was really enjoyable.
| Selina and me in our required sarongs |
| The Temple we visited |
| Me on our walk along the beach Do I remind you of anyone???? |
I went to be fairly early in order to get up in good time for yoga, and to go to Reza’s before he left for the day with his guests, so that I could pick up some items I would need for my journey to Lombok and Gili Islands on Thursday. As well, I have to go and pick up my passport from being processed for my Visa Extension.
Feb. 25, 2015
Today I did my yoga early, got ready and went to Reza’s place to get my snorkel and mask, plus a few other things. I had planned to go to see him first, then to go to his office to get my passport. As my great luck had it, Reza’s guests weren’t ready to go when he thought, and he needed to go to the office to get something. He said that he would pick up the passport for me and return right away as the guests and he were going to a Water Park for the day. I was thrilled, drank a nice coffee, got my stuff together, and waited for him to return. Shortly he did, gave me the passport, and I left for the hostel. Yesterday, Selina and I had spoken to a tour guy and asked about possible outings. An interesting one that sounded cool was a snorkelling trip, in a glass bottom boat, and a visit to Turtle Island. I had texted Selina from Reza’s place when I realized I would be done sooner than I thought. I said that maybe we could do this trip today if she was up for it. She was, and when I returned, we got ready and the driver came around 11:00 to pick us up.
We went snorkelling, and then to Turtle Island which was so cool. There were many animals and reptiles and birds there that you could touch, take photos with and hold. We saw giant turtles, a toucan that was so cute, a big Python, some fruit bats, and a few others. It was a really great trip. I took a good part of the day, including the lunch, and drive to and from the hostel. We arrived back, happily tired, but satisfied.
| Turtle Farm petting the Iguana |
| Holding the Hawk |
| I want to keep this guy.....he's amazing. |
| Beautiful Pythons |
| On our way to Turtle Island |
| Selina and me on the boat |
I am looking forward to seeing these places. More news once I arrive.
Wow what a great couple of days! Nice to have a Dutch bodyguard for a few days! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the animals you got to interact with, I imagine its so cool!!!
Have a great flight! FT when you're settled!
Those animals are awesome, it must have been very cool interacting with them!
ReplyDelete