Well, I finally made it to the beach for sunrise and yoga, today. It was a lovely day when I woke up, so I grabbed my stuff which was already organized, and took off for the beach. It was about 6:15 am and the sun was rising around 6:30 or so. It was lovely and quiet there, with big waves washing in, and a lovely light coming up. I spread out my towel and began. I wasn’t prepared for all the sand I would have all over me, but didn’t care much. I did my breathing and yoga routines for about an hour or a bit more, then just sat there and watched life on the beach.
Many people go to the beach early to exercise as it’s not too hot yet, and lovely. I watched people with kids, runners, walkers, and a man pulling in a large fishing net and untangling all the sticks he caught with it. I’m not sure what he will use them for, but clearly he was casting the net out there to catch these sticks.
It was an amazing start to my day. The funny thing was that there are a lot of dogs roaming the beach too. As I went to the water to wash off the sand, and left my backpack and plastic bag with my bottle of water in it, this lovely male dog ran up to my stuff, lifted his leg and peed on it. I yelled at him from the water, but of course he didn’t care. As luck would have it, he only got the plastic bag with the water bottle in it, so I just took the bottle out and discarded the plastic bag. Good lesson for tomorrow’s practise……lol.
Look at how lovely the beach is……………….
After showering I decided to draw, and felt like trying to draw my motorbike. So I sat under a shady ledge in front of the hostel, and sketched it out. It turned out not too badly, but needs finishing. I liked drawing it as there are many edges and slants to the bike that are interesting to view in perspective. Then I decided to take off on the bike, to meet Reza and Yulia at 2pm at Reza's place, so we could go to visit an area in the south of Bali, called Jimbaran. I left before 1pm because I wanted to be sure I didn't get lost, and if I did, that I had enough time to find my way. Also, I wanted to drive by Dewi's Warung and see if she might like to make a date for cooking chicken livers, and friends (as she calls the gizzards and hearts). She seemed happy to see me and said that tomorrow at 10am would work well to do the cooking lesson. She was a lot more relaxed today, speaking English, than she was before because I think she is feeling more comfortable with me. I told her I would ask Yulia if she wanted to join us as well, and Dewi said that was fine. I'm excited to meet with her for the cooking lesson........finally. Ralph, I will definitely try this recipe for you when I come to Winnipeg, as I know you are interested in tasting these yummy livers and friends. I happen to know a couple of other loved ones that would join us as well.....lol.
Anyway, then I made my way to Reza's place, without one wrong turn or the GPS, which I'm really happy about. It sure makes life easier when you kind of know where you're going. We all met at the same time, got into the car and took off for our beach adventure. This area, Jimbaran, is known for surfing and beautiful beaches. There are lots of Guest Houses along a windy narrow, pretty road that is surrounded by lots of trees. We finally got to our destination, with Reza driving because he knew where he wanted to take us. It was called Blue Point Beach and required parking the car and walking down many many steep steps, to the beach which is located at the bottom of several cliffs. It is magical to descend to this beach, and once you are down there, you have to walk out into the water, to go around a jutting chunk of rock, to find the area where you hang out, swim and enjoy. It is not groomed yet, and there are many people out a bit further, surfing the big waves that crash onto the shore. It was incredible.
| Overlooking the water from car |
| Yulia coming down the steep steps with Reza's help |
| More steps down to the beach |
| Yulia and Reza at our stop on the beach |
| View of rock looking up from beach |
| You had to go through this, between waves, to get to the swimming spot |
| Here's our swimming spot |
| Me coming down the steep steps |
After we fininshed swimming, eating the popcorn we brought, and chatting, we decided to go back up the million steps, to a cafe overlooking the water, high up the cliff, to watch the sunset and drink a coconut.
No comments:
Post a Comment