Thursday, July 28, 2016

Arriving in Winnipeg (July 25, 26, 27, 28)

July 25 and 26
These two days were spent traveling to Winnipeg and arriving, late. My mom came to get me from the airport, and lo and behold, I actually got my luggage.....yay. Mom and I went to her place and had a quick bite to eat. Then we sat and chatted for a long wonderful while then went to bed. It was really nice to see her and reconnect.

Mom and I got up fairly early, had breakfast and coffee, and hung out. Mom is still feeling a bit shabby because of her lip therapy. We laid low for the day, played Scrabble and chatted. It was really nice. Then I got ready and left for my brother's place. I was excited to see the kids, Amanda and Jon. I arrived to some excited little ones and wonderful relatives. I was so happy to see the family and so honoured that the kids actually like spending time with me, and are excited. I am so lucky and know how much this means. Kids don't lie and I really feel their love, as I do, Amanda and Jon's. They always openly invite me into their home, eventhough I'm sure it turns everything upside down. They are so generous to open tbeir home to me, every time.

July 27
Today I woke up with the kids, Livi joining me in bed at 7 am.......excellent.....yay. We played Shopkins, chatted, cuddled and just had a fantastic time. The rest of the day we spent getting ready for Gaga's (my mom's) birthday picnic in the park. We did potato salad, cole slaw, burgers, and chocolate cake with home made strawberry jam in between, and lemon, cream cheese icing. In between, Livi and I went to the nearby water park and wading pool, while the cakes cooled and Zakki napped. We invite our cousins, Jim Campbell, and John McGregor, to join us, in addition to Livi, Zakk, Amanda, Jon, me, Ralph and mom. It was awesome, and we all had a great time celebrating Gaga's birthday.

Birthday girl and Livi

Ralph and the birthday girl

Ralph, Eleanor, Sue, Amanda, and Jon

Sue and Zakki

Our family birthday group

Zakki is totally soaked

Livi and Zakk playing in the water

Great shot of my wonderful bro....love you!!!!



July 28
Today Livi wasn't feeeling great. She felt a little under the weather and was sniffly and low energy. That suited me ok, because we spent a quiet day hanging out, watching videos, and napping. That's something I never do, and felt quite decadent doing today.....lol. Later on, we ate a yummy dinner of chicken breasts, cut up on salad, and a yummy dressing. Then we went out in the car to take a look at a set of golf clubs. Before we were to see the clubs, we visitied Dukie, Jon's long time friend. He was surprised and happy to see us. We stayed and visited him for a while, then made our way home. The place that we were to go to see the golf clubs, didn't call before we left there, so I'll have to make another time to go and see them. No big deal, we had a really great time.

Photo of Zakki, taken by Livi

Photo of Aunty Sue, taken by Livi


Photo of Sue and Dukie, taken by Livi

2 comments:

  1. So much fun!!! Really Happy you're home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pix of BBQ w family. It was a wonderful birthday for me.

    ReplyDelete