July 22
Today was an interesting and spontaneous day. We got up, had coffee and breakfast, and hung out for a while. The slow mornings are so nice. They are so incredibly opposite to my regular life where I get up at 5:30, shower, do my makeup and hair, pick out my clothes, get dressed and leave to arrive at work before 7:30. I like this pace MUCH bettter.
Jan asked if I wanted to walk with her up to the bank. I did want to join her and stretch my legs. It was a gorgeous day out, a bit overcast, but still warm and lovely. We walked through the woods to get to the upper street where the bank was. As you can see, it's fantastic and the path truly magical.
 |
| Walking through the woods |
 |
| Magical path leading to happiness |
Then I asked Jan if she'd mind stopping in at the Eye Deal optical shop that we'd dropped into a few days ago. I have two small scratches on my sunglasses, right in my line of vision. I thought perhaps they could buff the scratches out, but apparently, they can't because of the film and colour of the lenses. In any case, this place had the largest and funkiest selection of frames that I've ever seen. The other day I tried on some frames just for fun, the other day, but then started thinking that I haven't gotten new glasses on my school insurance for several years. This optical shop had a special on which included free frames, a free eye test, and on site lab for many prescriptions. Jan and I picked out several frames to choose between, which took quite a while. They have so many choices, and many small frames which is great for me because they are usually so large on my face. I settled on two different frames, one for a new pair of sunglasses, and the other, for a new pair of regular distance glasses. Jan found the regular frames which looked very cool and totally different from any of my other glasses, and I found the frames for the sunglasses which reminded me of a swanky European movie star. Here they are. They have dots on them because they are still being made, and the optometrist had to put the dots to identify where my pupils are. I'm happy with the choices and it was totally on the spur of the moment. I'll be very glad to have sunglasses without scratches!
 |
| Sunglasses frame |
 |
| Front view |
 |
| Regular glasses frame side view |
We walked home after that and had a bit of lunch, conscious of the time, as we needed to be at the golf course by 3:30. We were registered to play in the club's Nine and Dine, which happens on Fridays. It's a great deal, you get a cart, nine holes of golf, and a gourmet dinner for $27. That is incredible, and their chef is really good. We met a friend of Jan's that we golfed with earlier this week, and she joined us for our round. It was great to be out, and the weather at that time of day is perfect. I didn't do too badly and my golf is coming along each time we go out. Our dinner was fantastic and we had a really nice time chatting with one another, eating the great food, and finishing off the week. I'm getting sad to know it's soon time to move along.
 |
| Lime and rosemary chicken |
 |
| Salad to begin |
 |
| Nels, the chef, and me |
 |
| Me and my salad |
Nice choice of glasses :-) and chef 😁
ReplyDeleteLOL!!!! Rachel!!!
DeleteReally happy to see you enjoying a slower pace! Well deserved!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to see how those glasses look!
ReplyDelete