Sunday, July 24, 2016

Saling on Saturday (July 23, 2016)

July 23
Today we got up and left fairly early. There was an estate sale that Jan heard about, in Sechelt. This place goes into people's houses and clears everything out. Then they sell if off and give the people half of whatever they get. A good deal if you have a house full of stuff, and no energy or manpower to help you get rid of stuff. Anyway, we went to check out what they had. It was really cool, and some of the stuff they had ranged from tools, to bikes, to furniture, art, kitchen stuff and a lot more. I bought a really cool pair of teak birds, flying, that were in fantastic shape. I'm going to give them to a gal I work with who loves birds.

Then we went to a garage sale, but nothing grabbed us. We went to a Thrift Store in Sechelt that was having a cosutme jewelry sale, and I got a nice watch, that actually fit me, a feather hat from the 30's and a piece of jewelry that Wendy and I can take apart and use the beads from, to embelish our glass jewelry. Later we walked through the farmers market and then headed back to Gibson's. It was a gorgeous day outside and super lovely to walk along, looking at things in the stores and stalls.
A friend in the neighbour's yard

Jan calls them Bambi when they're
in someone else's yard, and venison
when they're eating her flowers....lol.

A vendor at the Farmer's Market had
a friend in her scarf, keeping warm

New growth on the Monkey Tree





A Monkey Tree



I got one pair of my glasses on our way home, but the sunglasses had to have the lenses ordered, so I won't get them until later this week, or next. I was really pleased with the regular glasses and they fit well, and look sharp.

Our last stop was to another estate sale that some old time friends of dad and Jan's were having. Well, actually it was their two daughters having the sale, as both of the parents had passes away, and they are selling their house in Gibsons. Lynn and Kathie Krismanson were surprised to see me, as we haven't seen each other in over 20 years or more. They didn't look much different, just older. It was cool to see them and have a bit of a chat. We bought a few things that they were getting rid of and then came home.

We hung out, then made some dinner which was amazing, as usual. Jan used up the leftover liver from the other night, some chicken that we didn't eat last night at Nine and Dine, plus some more of the greens that her friend brought from the garden. She stir fried this, with some asparagus and added Fig flavoured balsamic vinegar. To die for!!!!!!!!

Delicious dinner of leftovers......yeah right!



Later in the evening, we watched the fireworks from Jan's balcony, marking the beginning of Sea Cavalcade, a local festival in Gibsons. The display was really quite beautiful and lasted over 20 minutes. Not bad for a small town. The kids next door were watching from their balcony too, and kept saying, 'More fireworks' everytime there was a break. It was really cute. A nice way to end a fantastic day.

Tomorrow we are golfing with Jan's friend at 9 am, so that will be amazing. My last golf game for this visit, how sad. It's been so much fun being here with Jan, connecting, hanging out, laughing and eating. I will miss her when I leave on Monday, but will definitely be back. She can't get rid of me that easily........lol.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like another awesome day!!!
    Wow? The Krismansons? I hope you got some pictures?
    That stir fry looked pretty amazing? And with liver too?? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estate sales sound amazing! And fireworks, nice combo!

    ReplyDelete