Today we got up, had coffee and breakfast and watched the news. The US election is getting really crazy. Scary and crazy I'd have to say. It's hard to imagine Trump as the president, but the way it looks, there's as good a chance as any that he might indeed become president. Yikes!
After breakfast we just hung about chatting, reading, playing video games and the like. I bought some white shoe polish and cleaned up my golf shoes and runners which now look incredibly new again. I was sure that by making my golf shoes look so spiffy, that my game would improve....lol. I'm not so sure that was true, but it might have helped a tiny bit. It was a little bit cool outside until mid afternoon, at which time we decided to go for a walk to the grocery store to get a few things and stretch our legs. By the time we got to the store, both of us were hot and sweaty as the weather here turns on a dime and it had become really sunny and quite hot. It was a nice walk though, looking at the houses and gardens with the mountains and ocean just below us. We stopped in at the mall to take a look at a little shop that sold coffee and had a lot of art and jewelry that was really quite lovely. One artists work stood out to me. There were about four paintings by this artist. I didn't take a photo but they were reflections in water of boats and rocks which were beautiful.
We picked up our groceries and walked home, just in time for Happy Hour. It was still nice out so we sat out on the balcony, listening to the fountain and birds, sipping our drinks and enjoying the yard. Jan's yard is so peaceful and calm. I really like it. We sat out there for a while, then decided to cook dinner. Jan had already prepared some wild rice. I spotted it in her cupboard and asked if we could have it, so she made it for dinner. So sweet, and it was delicious! We also had halibut burgers and asparagus with Blood Orange flavoured vinegar over them. Amazing dinner and lovely day.
July 21
This morning we got up early had our coffee and breakfast and made a quick sandwich to take with us. We were meeting another lady for golf today. It was another lovely day, actually quite hot to say the least. Great for golf though. We teed off at 9:06 and had a great game. There was no one behind us which means that you don't feel rushed because they are waiting for you to clear the way so they can shoot. The people in front of us were moving at a good pace which meant that we didn't have to wait to shoot because they were in range of getting hit. It was perfect and this kind of situation enables you to stay focused on your game and not lose momentum because you're waiting.
The lady that we played with was super nice, and a really good golfer. I am always a bit nervous when we start off with someone new because I am still a beginner and often goof up my shots. I am aware that someone who is a good golfer might become frustrated or upset because of this. She was so sweet and very encouraging. My golf is getting a bit better each time I go out, and I don't think I am slowing the group down anymore. I'm getting quite a lot of good shots in, which makes it so much more fun to do. I love golfing. It's so beautiful to be amongst the trees and flowers and the exercise and sport of it are a perfect fit for me.
On the way home, we stopped at the grocery store to get something to cook for dinner. Jan asked me what I felt like eating and I said, 'liver'. I don't know why, but for some reason, this sounded so good and I was suddenly excited to have it. So we bought some liver, bacon and a large onion to make for dinner. Jan's friend also brought us more beets and greens from her garden because we raved so much about the last bunch, that she brought more. We cooked up everything and sat down to a fantastic meal. Jan did the liver in a light flour coating with salt and pepper and cooked it to a delicious medium rare point. The dinner was so excellent, that I had a second piece of liver. Jan didn't have the onions with her meal, as they bother her stomach to eat them. I enjoyed the whole onion quite happily!
Sorry I don't have other photos for you on this entry, but I do have the wonderful dinner. Feast your eyes on this. Tomorrow we are going golfing later in the day. Something they call Nine and Dine which means that you get a cart to golf with, nine holes, and a dinner afterward. I'll be sure to take some photos then. Love you all.
| Most fantstic dinner! |
Sounds like a wonderful balance of great food and exercise. Enjoy!!!!
ReplyDeleteLovely day. Sounds like u r having such a great visit, & world class meals.
ReplyDeleteI know isn't the political situation just nuts? The food looks excellent and walks through woods in BC- magical indeed.
ReplyDelete