Saturday, July 16, 2016

Perogies for dinnner, a la Transat (July 15th con't.)

July 15th evening
The rest of today included another walk to go and get Jan's car, and a lovely drive through the winding roads of the area. We looked at houses, then stopped at Chaster Beach for a little sit by the ocean. It was fantastic, the weather beautiful, and the energy positive! We stayed there for quite a while, chatting, putting our feet into the water, and soaking up the sun from our comfy logs. It was so incredibly relaxing and calming to be beside the ocean.

View at the ocean, from our logs
Looking out to sea, what I
could see
Gorgeous driftwood 

 When we came home, we decided to investigate the perogies I had brought for Jan. She doesn't have much access out here, to good, home made perogies, so I brought two bags from Toronto. They were frozen solid, along with a freezer pack, inside a freezer bag, in my suitcase. We put them into the fridge as soon as I got my suitcase, and took them out to see their state. Of course they were not frozen anymore, but were still fairly cool, though thawed. We opened the bags, laughing our asses off, to find them partially stuck to the bags, because the raw dough was no longer frozen, and now quite sticky. Since there were no separate perogies any longer, Jan had a brilliant idea. She put the 'masses' onto cutting boards, and simply sliced them into four large pieces, and we cooked them in a bit of butter. They were fantastic! The sauerkraut and mushroom ones were my favourite, but the potato, cheese and bacon ones were pretty tasty as well. Jan had some Helluva dip, dill flavoured, on hand, which we added to our perogies a la Transat. Dinner was smashing, though the presentation wasn't anything like Michael's......lol.

Perogies a la Transat, ready for
the grill
MMmmmm, yummy dinner!
A la Transat

Both flavours, ready for cooking
The rest of the evening we spent chilling out, and I laid on the couch, trying desparately to stay awake to watch an interesting program. That didn't last long, and I hit the bed around 10:30. I had the best sleep, and got up in good spirits today, feeling well rested, and excited to be taking a shower, with all my own toiletries, hair products, brush and jewellery. A great start to the day. I think we are going to go to a market in the nearby town, then perhaps play a quick round of 9 holes, to see how my swing is this year.........wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. The perogies looked good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your suitcase finally arrived. Good thing you hadn't packed fish in there! But you rescued the perigee very creatively. I admired the lump presentation u achieved! But what can u do. I can imagine how much laughing you both did in resolving the situation.

    ReplyDelete