Sunday, December 21, 2014

Beach and Drawing (Dec. 21, 2014)

Well, this one’s going to be short and sweet. Stella and I went to Independence Beach this morning around 10:30 am and stayed there until 5 pm. It was so nice. Not too many people, but still enough people that it was interesting and I had good conversation with a nice Cambodian man. I’ll tell you about that in a minute. 

I sat in the shade, with my new rashy top on that protects from the sun, and was happier than ever. I drew the long dock and walk out with two huts on it. It was a nice thing to draw, and made me feel good to know that when I look back at my drawing book, I will remember how lovely it felt on this beach, just chilling, watching people and relaxing.

Drawing from today
On the way home, I stopped by to see how Laure-Elie was feeling and she was better, but still not fully recovered. She said she wanted to go out for a while though, and get some real food. I told her where I went last night, and she was interested, but needed to have a nap first. That worked well, because I needed to have a shower so she said she would come by my hostel around 7 pm for dinner. Stella was tired and wanted to stay at the hostel, so it was just L-E and me for dinner. She really liked the hot pot and managed to eat quite a bit of it. Then we went for a short walk until her tummy needed to go back to her hostel. I kept walking for a while, and she headed back.
Lions in the round about by the hostel
View from behind


Full view of street that restaurant is on.........no tourists
and it's only one street over from the hostel.
Once back to the hostel, I chatted with Julia and Lydia for a while on the phone, then headed for bed. 

Tomorrow I will wake up early and meet Tom, the American man from Bellingham, and his friends, who are going to watch Sunday Night Football. The Seattle Seahawks are playing the Cardinals, so it’s an important game. The funny part is, because of the time change, we will watch it at 8:30 am Monday morning, at a bar that Tom knows the English owner who gets the overseas sports channels. It should be fun and we can have breakfast and coffee there while watching the game. I’ll be sure to take lots of photos.


More tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a quiet day today was what you needed after yesterdays day of feeling yucky.
    What a trooper L-E is, even when feeling terrible, still wanting to get out and keep going!
    Love the drawing! You're really good at it. Im happy to see you enjoying life and having so many new experiences abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely drawing, Sue. Wondering what your "rashy" sun top is? Nice u had a peaceful day drawing by the beach. Glad to hear that L-E is feeling a bit better, enough to eat something. Hope she recovers fully soon. Have fun watching the game w the Americans. Be sure to take pix of the group. Today I am cooking all day, & tomorrow too. Dinner Tues night.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete