So today I spent a good part of the day figuring out where I was going, booking the flights and deciding on dates. Unfortunately, that planning takes a good part of a day if you want to do it economically, and geographically. Anyway, I finally did decide, based on my visa dates and booked a couple of flights today.
I will leave Cambodia on December 29, 2014 and fly from Phnom Penh to Hanoi to start my month in Vietnam. Hanoi is in the north of Vietnam and then I will work my way south, to Ho Chi Minh City. Then I will leave Ho Chi Minh city on Julia’s birthday, January 28th, to go to Bali, Indonesia. I am so happy to have those flights booked and know where I will go. That takes a lot of time and can be quite frustrating. Now I’m free for at least a couple of months….lol.
After I spent the morning figuring things out, Stella and I went for a walk. It was pretty cloudy and rainy today, so a good day to stay inside and get things sorted, but then it cleared up so we went out. Here are some of the sights we saw on our walk.
| On my walk |
| In the market |
| On my walk |
| Walking |
When we got back, I went to a travel agent to find out about busses to the next stop for me in Cambodia. I decided that I would go from Siem Reap to Stung Treng which is on the northeast side of the country. I will leave here, Siem Reap, on Friday morning to go by mini bus, to go to Stung Treng. There is a beautiful waterfall there, and some almost extinct, fresh water dolphins. I hope to see both, but if not the dolphins at Stung Treng, then I will for sure see them at Kratie, which has them too. I think they look a lot different than salt water dolphins. I am excited to see them. I leave Siem Reap early Friday morning, to take the mini bus to Stung Treng, and then I will work my way down the east coast of Cambodia, staying in a few more small, non-touristy towns, on the way to Phnom Penh. I think I will also look into doing a live aboard scuba trip over the Christmas day, as I’m sure I’ll be missing my peeps on that day.
Later we had some noodles and got some drinks, and now there is a party full of different cultures, sharing a drink, and going to a jazz club to listen to music. Rachel and Mike, I got a few people here to write in my book, and they did a great job.
| A rice based pancake with greens, fried |
| Our group at the hostel, enjoying our travels |
More tomorrow. Miss you all and love you.
That book will be just awesome!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that u have your next travels tied up. Big job. I was so grateful & impressed w your skill and willingness to do that for our Italy excursions. What a gift it was! You will miss your group at Siem Reap when u go, but I guess saying goodbye is a necessary part of travelling. And saying hello to the people at the next place. Love getting your excellent descriptions & pix of each step. Thanks for your wonderful blogs. Love u & always miss u. Mom
ReplyDelete