Friday, December 19, 2014

First Day in Sihanoukville (Dec. 19, 2014)

Today was lazy but lovely. We went for a walk down the beach near our hostel, then took a Tuk tuk and went to another beach that’s about 15 minutes away by Tuk Tuk. It is called Independence Beach and Stella and I went with Laure-Elie and her friend, Elodie. We had such a grew time, just relaxing and enjoying the quiet. 
Looking up into the tree above my chair

View from our beach chairs


Me, at the beach

Laure-Elie and her friend

Stella

View from our chairs




































After we got back to Sihanoukville, we showered, and then got ready to join our new American friends, Tom and Ana and I forgot his name….lol. Anyway, they weren’t at the spot we were to meet them, but we had some Happy Hour drinks, and a couple of plates of freshly barbqued scallops on the half shell. When we were done, we went to find L-E and her friend. We did, and danced a lot of the night away, which was so much fun.


Tomorrow we will take a boat trip to three islands, where we can snorkel, and swim, or dance on the boat. It sounds like fun and the captain doesn’t drink, because I asked….lol.

More pics tomorrow for the boat. Had a great day today.

Love you all, Sue.

3 comments:

  1. So happy you had a quiet nice day, atta girl!
    Love the pics! Livi is asking for pics of your room!
    FaceTime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy relaxing beach day, plus dancing. How can that be bad?? Love the pix, especially the silvery one of two silhouettes against the sea & pier. Nice that your group has jelled to enjoy doing things together. Tell us more about the Americans. This seems just the right way to slide into Xmas in paradise. My mail arrived today. Tomorrow, my hair appointment, so getting spiffed for Xmas. Taking Livi on 29th Dec afternoon to a Robert Munsch theatre priduction at the Prairie Theatre Exchange. On Sunday going to Wpg Art Gallery w Maria to see a Dali exhibit. Life is good!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, soaking in the sun is wonderful! The snow all melted here, I'm expecting nine people at my house today. The house smells like turkey because I popped in a butterball turkey early in the morning. Ian and Becca will be here, a first really, for Ian. And also some friends. I'm catching up on your blog because I have been working a lot at Staples because it's close to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete