Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve in Sihanoukville (Dec. 24, 2014)

Hi Everyone,
First of all, Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope that you are having amazing times with your families and loved ones. I am sorry not to be doing the same, but thought it might be a bit much to fly back this year. I miss everyone and all the festive events, food, and laughing, but will be enjoying my Christmas and Boxing Day, scuba diving. How bad can that be?

I won’t have any WiFi on the boat, so I won’t be blogging again, until Boxing Day evening. That’s when I’ll be back, which will be Boxing Day morning, for you guys. 

Today was great. I walked again, to Independence Beach and met a new friend there that I saw yesterday, but didn’t talk to. When I saw him again today, I did talk to him and found out that his name is Rueven and he’s here on holiday from Switzerland, just outside of Zurich. He is really nice and we chatted, swam and just did our own thing for the afternoon. Around 2:30 pm, L-E showed up, excited that her friend from Belgium was coming to Sihanoukville today. She really liked him and hasn’t seen him for a month. She hung out with Rueven and me for a good part of the afternoon. She and I made plans to go for that hot pot soup for dinner, as Christmas Eve is the special night for her, and it’s her first Christmas without her mom. So I didn’t invite Rueven, and we all made plans to meet after dinner, with her friend, me, and Rueven. Perfect, sounded good.

Well, a few minutes before I was supposed to meet her, she flew into my hostel saying I was going to kill her…..lol. I highly doubted so, but she heard from the friend who just arrived, and they were going to an island to attend a party or something. She invited me, but I didn’t want to go, and really had hot pot on the brain. Anyway, I said to go ahead, and went to eat hot pot on my own. I would have asked Rueven to have dinner, but didn’t want to interfere in the special Christmas Eve thing with L-E. Well, I should have invited him, because being young and interested in a new flame, she ditched me…..lol. I didn’t care much, but could have had company for dinner. Anyway, I met Rueven later at the place we had agreed on and we had a great time chatting and watching a live band. We called it a night early as I am getting up at 6 am to meet up for my scuba trip. I am really excited and happy to be doing this. Here are some pics from today. Have a great Christmas Day and be happy.


More after my trip.

Laure-Elie and me drinking coconuts
Beach at sunset
Me, posing
The lions in the roundabout, for Christmas
Rueven and me Christmas Eve





3 comments:

  1. Great blog, as always! Sounds as if your hot pot stuck w u even if L-E absconded from the plan! And good that u had a later plan to spend the eve w Rueven, so there was company to be had in any case. Hope u have a wonderful trip diving. Can't wait to hear sbout it when u get back. Jon took a great pic of Ralph holding Zakkie last night. I'll either attach it here or send it by email.
    Merry Xmas, sweetheart!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day. Rueven's looks like a cool guy. I am missing you too lady, and thinking about you all the time. *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue and to all who are reading the blog. I can not tell you how many memories come back when I am reading about your adventures! I am in Tulmun Mexico close to Cancun. Take care Merry Xmas and Happy new Year lov J.

    ReplyDelete