 |
| Charlie Harper Bar in Sihanoukville |
 |
| Same |
 |
| Tom and Lee, in the bar watching FB |
 |
View looking into the restaurant
This morning we got up early, and took a Tuk Tuk to the centre of town to meet Tom and his friend. We watched the Sunday Night Football game, at 8:30 this morning……lol. It was a really nice little bar/restaurant that we went to, which had two screens and quite a few people in it. I had a coffee and some breakfast, chatted between plays with Tom and his friend Lee, and enjoyed watching some football. I forgot how much I miss watching sports on TV, especially football. It always was my favourite.
|
The game ended about 12:00 and they dropped us off at our hostel in the Tuk Tuk, and continued on to their hotel. We said we would meet them on the beach, at the first place we saw them. I didn’t want to go down to the beach quite so early, as it was hot and I didn’t want to burn. I stopped off at L-E’s guesthouse, but she wasn’t feeling well, still. She spent the night up, going to the toilet. Poor gal. Oh well, I think she’s better, but just not totally better yet. In any case, I walked down to the beach and met up with Tom, Stella, Olga (a Spanish girl from our hostel that joined us), and Ann and Maca, the couple for Jersey Island, off of Britain. How interesting.
 |
| Seafood plate......mmmm |
 |
| Tom, Stella and Olga |
 |
| Me, with my rashy top, after a swim |
 |
| Olga, me, Maca and Tom |
 |
| Sunset at Serendipity Beach |
Ann and I talked quite a bit and ended up sharing emails in case either of us might go to the others’ country. She used to live in Toronto, so I don’t think it will be as interesting for her, as it might me for me. None the less, she was adamant about sharing details, so that was nice.
When we finished spending time at the beach, swimming, and me……trying out my new mask and snorkel, we all went to another restaurant down the way that was serving a huge pork chop with a rib attached, salad, potato salad, and cooked vegetables. This barbecue was $4.50 per person and was delicious.
 |
| Sue, Olga, Ann, Stella and Tom |
 |
| View from the restaurant |
 |
| Same restaurant |
After that, Olga and I went back to the hostel, and relaxed, got ready for bed, and just basically chilled.
Hope you all have a great day.
What an excellent day! Football, friends, libations, and connections!
ReplyDeleteThat bar looks so cool!
Missing you!
It was really cool. A nice little place with yummy food, and nice people. I am missing you too! Love you so dearly.
ReplyDeleteReally nice day w sports & friends. I'm 2 blogs behind, w 2 days of cooking!
ReplyDeleteI'm behind on my blogs too! Thanks to Andrew's sickness and workload. Now I have time to breathe, and escape into the wonderful scenery that is your journey.
ReplyDelete