Thursday, January 24, 2019

Funky Art Museum and Kurama Hot Springs (Jan. 24, 2019)

Today I spent a relaxing day looking at art and enjoying the Kurama Onsen, with natural hot springs. It was a great day. I won't show you my dinner because it's a repeat of last nights, because it was so yummy! Getting the right bus to the Forever Museum of Contemporary Art was a bit challenging, but I ended up figuring it out and made it there in one piece. The trains are a lot easier for me than the buses are, so I tend to prefer taking the trains.

The art museum featured Yayoi Kusama who is a really whacky female Japanese artist. I loved her stuff and got very inspired by her polka dot style, to do something similar in glass with globs. Wendy, get ready! Anyway, it was so interesting and then the onsen which was up a mountain, and had both indoor and outdoor pools, with a relaxation room, massage chairs, whirl pool, sauna and lockers complete with yakata and towels. I think I spent about 4 hours there going from pool to pool then taking a break and sitting on the massage chair. It was great and my body was grateful. See the pics below.

Street shot
Favourite piece that I saw
My favourite room
Hallway in museum
Kusama installation
Garden at museum
Just for laughs
This cracks me up every time
Kusama's art in front yard

Street shot on way to onsen
Street shot on way to onsen
Street shot on way to onsen



Shuttle bus from train to onsen
You check your shoes when you enter 
View of the exit
Relaxation room with tatami mats
Reception area
Massage chair area
Happy me
View from relaxation room
Street shot on way to onsen

Now I'm back at the hostel, eating my sushi and waiting until it's time to call Zakki and sing him Happy Birthday. I Facetimed him this morning, which was his Wednesday night, and I told him that where I am, it is already his birthday. Upon hearing that, he asked me sing him Happy Birthday, so I did. That was so cute! Thanks to Trish, Sheila's sister, for telling me about Kurama Onsen. It was totally worth the trip and I had a fantastic time there!

More tomorrow.











2 comments:

  1. The art exhibit looks so cool, it will so interesting to see what inspires you to put a glass piece together with Wendy. I’m glad your getting a lot of Onsens in, it helps to keep you going 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you had some decent relaxation!!! I love hearing that!
    Museum is cool!! Some of those pieces are just bizarre and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete