Thursday, January 10, 2019

Kamakura (Jan. 10)

Pop up drink vendors on street
Giant Buddha Shrine
Guardians of the Buddha
Peaceful site on grounds
Steps to shrine
Smaller shrine
Map of Shrine
Street shot
This morning I got up, and readied myself to take the subways and bus to visit the Hachimangu Shrine in Kamakura area. It was a really cool area with lots of shopping and little streets to walk on. At every place they offered a taste of this, a deal for that, and many friendly people.

I spent the day there and then headed back. I was pretty jet lagged and had a 'nap' which ended up lasting a bit long. Keron and I were going to head out, but since he's working a double shift tomorrow, we just planned out what I am going to do tomorrow, instead. We had some dinner, then hung out, planned, and went to sleep early.

More tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome shots! That shrine looks amazing!
    Love the street shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, you look so happy! That makes my heart smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the pic of you with the Buddha behind you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dad would have been so happy to see you enjoying your travels. See you in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete