 |
| Street shot on way to museum |
 |
| Same |
 |
| Searching for the cafe |
 |
| Looking for specific restaurant |
 |
| Street shot |
 |
| Bus view on way to museum |
 |
| Photo from on bus |
 |
| Bus driver |
 |
| Bus to museum |
This morning I set off to take the bus to the Yokosuka Museum of Art. It is located by the water in a quite different district than where Keron lives. I hadn't tried to bus it anywhere yet, so I thought it would be a cool experience and wanted to see some of the areas around Yokosuka instead of going deep into Tokyo as I've been doing these past days. Keron had to work overnight again, but as luck would have it, I bumped into him as I was leaving and he was returning, this morning. He suggested a seaside restaurant that I might try, on my way to the museum. I thought this would be great, and agreed to try and find it. I found my bus without too much trouble, and barely communicated my requested stop to the driver. I didn't think he was letting me off at the right stop, so I said the name of the cafe I was looking for. He didn't seem to know, but turned around and asked everyone on the bus if they knew. One lady did seem to know, and pointed down the hill where he was trying to unload me. I figured that to be a good sign, and got off. I descended down a very steep hill into an intricate web of tiny streets, to find this restaurant. Finally, I did find it, but it was closed, though Google had said it was to be open. There were absolutely no people around to ask, but I did find one man, who I think told me that the restaurant was open for lunch at 2:30. It was just after 11:00 so I decided to climb back up the hill and get on the next bus to continue down to the museum. The restaurant looked really cool and was an Artists Studio and Cafe, on the water. Maybe I'll try to go there again when it's open. Keron said it serves great seafood, whatever is the catch of the day. I reboarded the bus and got off at the museum which was in a lovely park. The architecture of the museum was incredible, and the exhibits really interesting too. Their Special Exhibition was of children's art, which was right up my alley. The rest of the permanant collections were important Japanese artists which were also interesting. I wasn't allowed to photograph the permananet collections though. The kids are was incredible and I think I enjoyed that part more than the other collections. See photos of the Childrens Collection below.
 |
| Museum building |
 |
| Great architecture at museum |
 |
| Flip flops carved designs |
 |
| Entry to park for museum |
 |
| Kimonos |
 |
| Carved name plates |
 |
| Sculptures |
 |
| Drawings |
 |
| Plastic bag dresses |
 |
| Sculptures |
 |
| Sculptures showing movement |
After the museum, I jumped back on the bus and came back to meet up with Keron so that we could go out for dinner. Wow, what a dinner it was! We went out for Yakatori which is where they bring you the raw meats and you cook them on your own, over the grill and coals which are at your table. The waiter was super nice and tried really hard to use his English. I think the photos below will explain the whole experience. It was so much fun doing this and really great to be able to spend some time with Keron. He's been working so much that he hasn't had any fun lately, so it was a nice opportunity to do something different.
 |
| Different kinds of meats |
 |
| Keron grating fresh wasabi |
 |
| Salad with dinner |
 |
| Pork for grilling |
 |
| Walking to restaurant |
 |
| Waiting to be seated in place |
 |
| Damp cloth for hands first |
 |
| Greasing the grill for cooking |
 |
| Amazing differnt kinds of meat |
 |
| Sitting down to the table |
 |
Restaurant was on fourth floor
|
The tray of meats that you see included intestines, liver, and a variety of pork as well. It was such a nice experience and we just sat for a couple of hours eating, talking and enjoying some drinks. What a memorable event. I'm so glad to have been able to do it. We are going out again tonight, barring any unforeseen work issues for Keron. I can't wait to find out what that's like. I think we're going sushi! Have a great evening everyone.
Loved the kid's art. It will be a real change to get here and have to eat plain food again. Can't compete with what you have been enjoying but we will try.
ReplyDeleteWhen you and Keron were explaining to me about the restaurant I didn’t realize how incredible this experience would be for you? Super happy for you!
ReplyDeleteAlso, the architecture in that museum is incredible?? Glad you enjoyed the exhibits!