I had a good sleep last night, the hostel is great and only two girls staying in the room with me. They slept in late, so I got up quietly, showered and started off to the Cup Noodle Ramen Museum. The crappy part was that I ddin't realize it was closed on Tuesdays, so I sat in Starbucks for a while, chatted with Sheila, and went to Osaka Castle instead. I had wanted to do that anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. I like seeing different areas anyway, so no problem.
 |
| Louis Votton sign |
 |
| Japanese Starbucks |
 |
| What they put on my cup! |
 |
| Starbucks |
 |
| Starbucks |
 |
| Starbucks |
 |
| Vending machines in hostel |
 |
| Common area of hostel 3rd floor |
 |
Reception as soon as you get off elevator
Osaka Castle and park were really nice. The weather was sunny and there were many happy people out for the day. Here's some of the pics I took while on that jaunt.
When I got tired of walking, which was about four hours straight, I decided to go back to my hostel area, get something to eat, and rest before I go to see Revue-Japan.com tonight. That show the guy from the tourist information place suggested. So I got back to my area, found where the show venue is so I can easily find it later, then found a great supermarket that had a whole whack of yummy take out. You can see what I ate, below. Now I'm going to take a rest before getting ready to go to the show. The food below (and saki from last night) is fresh salmon and shrimp sashimi on a bed of rice. It was so incredibly fresh and delicious. Then I got something else that I think are like pork ball type things. They were good too, but the sushi was outstanding. The both of them cost $6.09 Canadian. What a treat and so fresh. I'm sure going to miss the food here!
The Revue Japan show was incredible. I'm so glad I went. I got there early because it was rush seating and the guy I met there when I went earlier today to find the place, said that it opened at 7 pm, with the show at 7:30. I arrived just before 7 pm and there were two people there already, sitting on the stairs waiting for the doors to open. I started chatting with them through Google Translate, and one of the people, a woman, turned out to be sort of a groupie of this troupe. She showed me all kinds of photos on her phone of the cast, and had this funky hat with pins all over it, of the cast members. The man, who's name was Takashi, was not as much of a groupie and spoke a bit of English. They were both really nice and took me under their wings. When the doors opened, they brought me to the front row with them, right in the center. It turned out that not that many people came to this showing, but I wanted to get there early so as to get a good seat. Well, I sure did.......lol.
The show had amazing costumes, dancing and an interactive part where you learned to use a fan and join in a fan dance. Of course the groupie woman pushed me up on stage when that part came, and I was relieved when one other Japanese lady came up from the audience to do it too. The cast members were really sweet and I didn't really feel that weird, but kind of enjoyed being in the Japanese moment. At the end of the show, the cast came out on stage and took photos with anyone who wanted. It was really cool and I'm glad I went. See the pics below. After that I walked around the area for a while then came back to the hostel. I think I'll have a little sleep in tomorrow, then gather my stuff and move along to Kyoto. Osaka has been nice and I'm happy to have seen it. The woman in the long white hairy costume did an exquisite dance with moves that simulated karate katas. It was my favourite act in the whole show. I loved the costume which included that crazy hair with silver and gold sparkly streaks in the back. It was art in motion. I suppose I should have told you that all the members are women.
        
|
The costumes are beautiful, I loved that you went on stage to take pics and as always the food looks so delicious
ReplyDeleteWow! Sushi and a live show! Sounds like a great day!
ReplyDelete“Is that an extra large fan in your pocket, or are you just happy sashimi”! :)