






Yesterday I went to visit Ueno Park in the northern area of Tokyo. It is a large sprawling park that many families and tourists visit. There are several shrines there, a beautiful peony garden, and several museums and galleries. Above are the photos of the park, but particularly the peony garden. It was just beautiful! There are winding paths that house all of the different kinds of peonies that you see above. Super relaxing and peaceful.





The photos above are of the shrine and surrounding yard. The photo of the blue gate protects the shrine and has different animals, birds and fish carved into the motif above and below each blue panel. There are many panels surrounding the shrine and each one if different with the creatures that are carved into it, for protection. Just gorgeous art work! My favourite part was the Sacred Tree. It was huge and had such a wonderful presence when you approached it. For a 600 year old tree, I could imagine that it has lots of secrets and history within it. I spent quite a bit of time with it, as I felt really grounded and peaceful. What an incredible living creature.
I walked through the park which is really large, and contains a zoo. I passed on the zoo because it was getting late, and was also a bit chilly for remaining outside much longer. I decided to find a nearby Cat Cafe that I'd read about. I put it into my Google Maps and walked to where it said I had arrived at the location. I couldn't see it anywhere, so I stopped someone on the street and 'asked' them if they could help me. A nice man seemed to understand my question a little as I'd found a waving street banner with the cats on it, but no apparent place to enter. He poked his head into this tiny hallway that had things listed on the wall for each floor of the building, in Japanese of course. He then got excited and started pointing me to the elevator and holding up 8 fingers. I figured out that the Cat Cafe was high above the street, on the 8th floor, so up I went. Rachel, this one was with you in mind. You would have loved it. You get off the elevator and walk into this little hallway where you remove your shoes and put on slippers with kitty cats on them. Then you wash your hands and use a cleaning spray. After that, you put your jacket and bag into a locker and they give you the key in a little plastic pouch that is on a string which you wear on your neck. That way you can pat the kitties without dealing with your key. It's really cool. They take feral and lost cats into this space, and charge people a fee for the amount of time they wish to have kitty therapy. Inside, you can have tea, and play with the many cats that roam freely in the space. It's such a cool place and the cats are gorgeous. Rachel, enjoy the photos below because you were there with me for sure!!!
![]() |
| Subway train coming home |
![]() |
| The cats they had there and names |
![]() |
| Entry from the elevator |
![]() |
| View of cafe from couch by window |
![]() |
| Cat treat vending machines |





So that was my day. Another wonderfully rich day in Japan to say the least. Poor Keron had to work overnight last night so I was on my own. He really works a lot and keeps crazy hours doing so. We are hopefully going to meet up so I can take him out for dinner this evening though. Hopefully that will work out, and then I can show you some yummy food pics. Hugs all.








That tree is incredible, what beautiful cat cafe, I hope you got your fill of feline love ❤️ 🤗
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome day! Love the cat hostel!
ReplyDeleteSee, now that's my kind of place … I could get my fill of the kitties and not have one at home. That's so cool.
ReplyDelete