Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Arriving in Vancouver (Jan. 30, 2019)

Today was the longest day ever. I left Tokyo at 10:00 pm and arrived in Vancouver at 1:50 pm the same day. Great flight, but pretty tired now. It was great to see Jan upon getting here. She came over from Gibsons to pick me up and we caught the ferry back, without a lot of traffic or wait time. It is always nice to be in her gorgeous home in such a lovely part of the world. Of course it always reminds me so much of my dad, and Jan keeps her place so nicely, it's always welcoming. We chatted all the way home, changed into our PJ's, had a glass of wine and chatted some more.

Jan surprised me with a retirement gift that was a ceramic piece, an inuit person, which dated far back from Nana and Poppa's house. It looks similar to what I remember, but Jan had it restored as it was glued together by Nana from all the times she knocked it over and broke pieces off of it. There were brown glue marks and chunks missing, that have now been beautifully restored. The person did such a great job, that if you didn't know it had looked like that, you would never be the wiser. It was an incredibly thoughtful gift that brought back a rush of memories of growing up in Nana and Poppa's house as a child, and all the visits there that I had. I just love it, and will enjoy having that in my home.

Here are some pics from along the way. I'm going to sleep now as I don't even know how long I've been up now......lol. More tomorrow after a good rest.

Proof I returned my portable wifi router
View from car on way to airport
Keron's car
Yokohama on way to airport
Sunset from ferry in Gibsons
Yokohama from highway















My beautiful retirement gift
















3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to this side of the world. Have a good rest. The Inuit piece looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you're back in Canada and got right into comfies and wine after such a long journey!! What a beautiful retirement gift. That was so sweet. Looking forward to seeing it in your place. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you’re back safe and sound!!!! Thanks for the FT from the airport when you landed! Glad all is well!

    ReplyDelete